Monday, May 7, 2012
EXPANDED RECALL: Diamond adds more brands in dry dog food, cat food recall
Diamond Pet Foods has further expanded its dry dog food recall to include several more brands of dry dog food and cat food produced at the company's Gaston, South Carolina, USA, facility, after samples of dog food from the same plant tested positive for Salmonella infantis.
The recall was expanded as a precautionary measure, the company says, to include the following brands:
• Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul
• Country Value
• Diamond Naturals
• Premium Edge
• Taste of the Wild
The recalled products above have production code with the number “2” or “3” in the ninth or 10th digit and an “X” in the 11th digit and “best-before” dates of December 9, 2012, through April 7, 2013. The products were distributed in the following states and Canada, but may have been distributed further through other petfood channels: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia, USA.
The expanded recall also includes the following Kirkland Signature products:
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Adult Dog Lamb, Rice & Vegetable Formula
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Adult Dog Chicken, Rice & Vegetable Formula
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Mature Dog Chicken, Rice & Egg Formula
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Healthy Weight Dog Formulated with Chicken & Vegetables
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Maintenance Cat Chicken & Rice Formula
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Healthy Weight Cat Formula
• Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain Salmon Meal & Sweet Potato Formula for Dogs
Recalled Kirkland products have production codes with a number “3” in the 10th digit and an “X” in the 11th digit and “best-before” dates of December 9, 2012, through January 31, 2013. The food was distributed in Canada, Puerto Rico and the following states: Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont and Virginia, USA.
Consumers with questions may contact the company at +1.866.918.8756, Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST, or visit Diamond's recall website.